Northwest Sign & Design Employment
We've been creating custom signage for over 25 years with no sign (excuse the pun) of slowing down. Our team is deep with talent, creativity, knowledge, and care for our clients and each other. We believe that designing and building with our clients' best interest in mind builds great relationships. We look for long-term employees that have a passion for what we do and work hard together within our casual environment.
Because we're looking out for our employees, we offer a comprehensive compensation package including competitive salary, health care, PTO, sick leave, and a retirement plan that is employer matched at 3%. We're also strong believers in work-life balance and encourage our employees to take time off so they can refresh and come back to making awesome signage.
Interested in being a part of our team? Fantastic! Check out our current openings below. Don't see the right position for you? Send us a message and we'll let you know if something becomes available. Either way, we're excited to hear from you.
Position: Journey Level Sign Installer or Experienced Apprentice Level Installer
Northwest Sign & Design has an immediate opening for a journey level sign installation/service expert.
- Completing the installation of all types of signage using a variety of equipment including bucket trucks, ladders, and lifts, efficiently and safely.
- Must be able to complete labor-intensive work repeatedly, including loading signage onto trucks, lifting 50 lbs., climbing ladders, digging footings, etc.
- Managing truck inventory to ensure it is properly stocked before leaving the shop.
- Performing site surveys.
- Reading and working to plans, communicating any discrepancies to the appropriate person.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and solve problems.
- Previous experience in electrical engineering or other related fields
- Familiarity with electrical schematics, blueprints, and manuals
- Familiarity with electrical equipment and hand tools
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, with both internal and external customers.
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Have general construction knowledge.
- Have clean driving record with CDL
- Have a crane certificate
- 04 Electrical license, required
Attach your resume below to apply!
Position: General Fabricator/Sign Assembly
The Assembler will work on many projects from shop drawings to when the project ships or is picked up. This individual will be responsible with the coordination of management, for organizing incoming requests and establishing accurate timelines to meet fabrication scheduled and project completion dates.
To be successful in this position you will need to be an achievement oriented, determined to attain set goals, have a high attention to detail, capable of working in a team environment and individually, and acts with integrity and professionalism.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembly and/or fabrication of electrical and non-electrical signs according to job sheet instruction.
- Accurately measuring and precisely cutting materials involved in the assigned work including Vinyl cutting using PC and Graphtec cutter.
- Using hand, bench and standalone equipment including, but not limited to, sanders, drills, grinders, die grinders, cutoff saws, manual sheet metal breaks, sheet metal rolls, shearing equipment, table saws, soldering iron, etc.
- Understanding of different materials involved in signage manufacturing
- Assembling crates and packaging the finished signage
- QC review, installation checks (patterns, hardware, etc.)
- Reading and understanding technical drawings.
- Ability to follow instructions and work unsupervised.
- Loading and unloading materials onto and off workstations.
- Fabricating channel letters, clouds, raceways, including but not limited to trim cap, channel bending, paint prep, low voltage wiring, etc.
- General housekeeping.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
Functional and Technical Competencies:
- Sheet metal work experience and other sheet metal machinery highly regarded.
- Technically savvy and experienced with modern software tools.
Education/Training and Certification, Licensure, Registration Requirements:
- High school diploma
- Forklift License ideal
- 1 year of manufacturing and/or general sign experience preferred
- Training is available for candidates with a basic knowledge of tools AND an ability to work well with written and or verbal directions
Environment and/or Physical Factors:
- Ability to lift 50lbs on a consistent basis.
- Able to work standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Knowledge and confidence to share while being willing to learn.
- Good math skills.
- Solid analytical skills to solve problems.
- Must be able to read and understand drawings, plans and specs.
- High safety awareness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely organized with ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Attach your resume below to apply!
Please use the form below to submit your resume and we will get back to you as soon as possible.